Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Strawberries and Cream Cake

It was Early November in Perth and Strawberry season. I wanted to make something light and found the perfect recipe here: Jessie's Strawberries and Cream Cake @ The Hungry Mouse. As the recipe is on Jessie's site, I won't post it up here. However, one change that I did was use pouring cream instead of heavy cream as that was the only thing I had in the fridge and I wanted to use it.

The cake came out very nice. The colour and texture were really good. I think the best time to eat this cake has to be straight out of the oven. It was very soft and light, not too fluffly. The strawberries were warm and melted into the cake with everything else and you feel like you could just eat the whiole thing in one go.

I had some leftovers on the next day. This I had to warm up in the microwave since I had to keep it in the fridge to protect it from Australian summer heat. It tasted more like a muffin, but I think that maybe because I had used the "light" cream (what we call whipping cream here) instead of heavy cream. It might taste more cakey with the heavier cream ...

No comments:

Post a Comment