Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Cookie Spirit

Just a short post this time for some cookie time.

Our nice friend has made us some cookies to celebrate this Christmas! The cookies were just so nicely tied up that I couldn't help but turn paparazzi on them. These homemade shortbread m&m's cookies were just so perfect for camera :)





While I was on food paparazzi mode, I dug out another of my good friends givings. Ah, the goodness of cookies. These I think are called 'gem biscuits', some of us with a Hong Kong background call them "to chi beng" meaning belly button biscuit. Don't ask me how this name came about. These biscuits are have icing sugar on top of a plain biscuit on the bottom (tastes just like a marie/milk arrowroot) but it was one of my all time favourites in the 80's. They're quite hard to come by these days and brings back many childhood biscuit memories.



Thank you and Wishing all my friends a Merry Christmas and a great new year. May we all have happy cookie times !

No comments:

Post a Comment