Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Last Hazelnut Roll

January 2nd, 2010 was a memorable day. The last Hazelnut roll has been eaten. We were lucky enough to have bought a box (the last box) from a friend who's dad owns a deli, now they're all gone and the last one has been consumed. I couldn't keep it any longer because the ice was starting to frost the inside of the icecream. Nonetheless, it has been my favourite icecream of all time.

For those that haven't heard of them or want to relive the taste of them. Remember the soft melty chocolate coating on the outside. A light vanilla icecream in the inside surrounding a hazelnut flavoured icecream which sort of tastes a bit like nutella but not as sweet. 


Remember those chocolate bits falling off all over the place. I remember when I was a kid, my mouth wasn't big enough to bit the whole roll bit by bit. So it was so hard with all the chocolate bits falling everywhere, so I developed a technique to eat it. Now I still do it and did so for the last time. I would wrap the wrapper around the hazelnut roll so that the foil would catch any fray chocolate bits. Gross as it may sound, any bits that fall on the foil will be subjected to my licking after I finish. Ah, not one wasted bit.




Why did you discontinue them!! Nestle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment